Tallahassee Community College (TCC) offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package. It includes a variety of insurance, retirement and miscellaneous benefit plans, as well as the entitlements of Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Compensation and Workers’ Compensation.
Insurance plans include medical, dental, life and vision coverage. Retirement plans include the defined benefit Florida Retirement System (FRS) Pension plan and defined-contribution FRS Investment Plan. TCC also offers the Community College Optional Retirement Plan, a defined contribution plan, to eligible Administrators and Faculty employees.
Employees also have the option to contribute on a voluntary basis to a variety of tax shelter accounts such as the 403(b), and/or a 457(b) Deferred Compensation plan. Supplemental insurances are also available to include short term disability, accident, cancer, long term care, legal/identity and voluntary term life insurance for which the employee pays the full premium.
Additionally, TCC offers employees miscellaneous benefits such as tuition reimbursement and health & wellness resources.
Employees are eligible to use athletic facilities, the Library, and other Learning Resource Centers.
Whether you are newly hired or nearing retirement, the Benefits team is available to answer your benefit questions, assist you in resolving benefit issues, and provide you with information to make informed benefit choices.
If you have questions whether you are eligible for benefits and retirement programs, you are always welcome to privately discuss them with a member of the Benefits Team. Please email email@example.com or call (850) 201-8510.
Medical Insurance Benefit Summary
Employee’s premium is paid for by TCC. Dependent coverage is additional at the employee’s expense.
Florida Combined Life (FCL) offers two BlueDental Choice PPO plans. The employee pays all premiums and can be payroll deducted. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Rates||Low Option||High Option|
|Employee + 1||$31.86||$43.87|
An affordable eye care plan is offered through VSP. Employees may elect coverage for themselves and their eligible dependents. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Employee + Spouse||$10.78|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$11.09|
|Employee + Family||$15.36|
- Group Term Life Insurance: TCC provides life insurance, in the amount of two times the annual salary, for full-time employees and part-time employees in an established position with a maximum coverage amount of $200,000. Life insurance for full-time faculty is two times the two-semester contract. The life insurance is offered through the Florida Community College Risk Management Consortium and is administered by UNUM. Dependent coverage is not available.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Employees can apply for additional life insurance coverage for up to 3 times their annual salary, maximum coverage of $500,000. The rates are $.277 per thousand dollars per month. Premiums are payroll deducted monthly. The supplemental life insurance is offered through the Florida Community College Risk Management Consortium and is administered by UNUM.
- Dependent Only Life Insurance: Employees may purchase up to $20,000 life insurance on their spouse; and up to $10,000 on their children. The dependent only life insurance is offered through the Florida Community College Risk Management Consortium and is administered by UNUM. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Rates||Cost Plan 1 - $.79||Cost Plan 2 - $1.58||Cost Plan 3 - $3.16|
|Child 14 Days to 6 months||$500.00||$500.00||$500.00|
|Child 6 months to 25 years||$2,500.00||$5,000.00||$10,000.00|
- Medical or Dependent Day Care Reimbursement Accounts (Flex Spending): Employees may set up medical reimbursement accounts up to $2,500.00 per calendar year and/or dependent care accounts up to $5,000.00 per calendar year on a pre-taxed basis.
- Custom Benefits
- Short-Term Disability: Short-term disability for employee and spouse and may choose from variable elimination periods.
- Accident: Accident plan for employee and family which may help defray costs associated when the employee or a family member is injured in an accident. Includes an accidental death benefit of $75,000 and a wellness benefit of $60.00.
- Cancer Insurance: Cancer plan for employee and family to assist with finances for cancer treatment and care.
Specified Health Event Protection: Supplemental insurance plan for employee and family that include benefits for heart attacks, strokes, coronary artery bypass surgery, coma, paralysis major third-degree burns, end-stage renal failure and major human organ transplants.
- Hospital Protection: Supplemental insurance plan for employee and family that includes benefits for hospital confinement, diagnostic testing, wellness and more.
- Life Protector: 10-, 20-, or 30-year term life insurance for employee, spouse and/or dependent children.
Custom Benefits (Allstate)
- Short-Term Disability: Short-term disability for employee. May choose from 3 plans with optional accident only benefits for employee and/or family.
- Heart/Stroke Insurance: Coverage provides benefits for employees and/or family treated for illnesses resulting from heart attack, heart disease or stroke.
- Universal Whole Life Insurance: Employees may apply for whole life insurance for up to $50,000 face value. Spouses and dependents may apply for whole life insurance up to $25,000 face value.
- Cancer: Cancer plan for employee and family in the event you or a covered family member is diagnosed with cancer or one of the other 20 specified diseases.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Prepaid legal services and identity theft protection. It may be purchased on employee and dependents through payroll deduction.