Pharmacy Technician Certificate
The Pharmacy Technician Certificate program supplies students with the knowledge and skills needed to become a pharmacy technician. Program graduates who successfully complete the program are eligible to sit for the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Exams administered by either the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians and those who pass this exam are then able to use the title Certified Pharmacy Technician.
This is a limited-access and limited enrollment program. See all Healthcare Program requirements.
For more information about this program, click here.
Overview / Requirements
Program Overview & Requirements
To prepare students to become pharmacy technicians performing the technical tasks that take place in the pharmacy. Program graduates who successfully complete the program are eligible to sit for the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Exams administered by either the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians. Those who pass this exam are then able to use the title Certified Pharmacy Technician.
40 credit hours
Applicant must have earned a standard high school diploma or GED diploma and at least 17 years of age.
Applicant must be college-ready, which means the applicant does not need developmental education courses in English, reading and/or mathematics. This requirement may be satisfied by one or more of the following options:
- The Florida Statute on Developmental Education exemption
- Adequate placement scores from the Florida Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) or other college placement scores accepted by TCC
- Completion of developmental education courses
- Completion of at least ENC1101 College Composition and one general education Mathematics State Core course
The applicant must be in good academic standing.
The Pharmacy Technician program begins each Fall and Spring. It is a limited-access program with a limited number of seats per class. Applicants must submit a TCC admission application and a separate healthcare program application by the published application deadline. Applicants access the healthcare application through their TCC Passport account.
See Additional Healthcare Program Requirements for more important information.
(850) 558-4500 or email@example.com
View Information about Graduation Requirements and Year of Entry .
- BSC1084C Human Biology: Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology 4 credit hour(s)
- CGS1060 Computer and Internet Literacy 3 credit hour(s)
- ENC1101 College Composition 3 credit hour(s)
- HSC1538 Medical Terminology for Healthcare Professionals 1 credit hour(s)
- PTN1001C Introduction to Pharmacy 4 credit hour(s)
- PTN1017 Pharmacy Calculations 3 credit hour(s)
- PTN1121 Therapeutic Agents I 3 credit hour(s)
- PTN1122 Therapeutic Agents II 3 credit hour(s)
- PTN1131C Applied Pharmacy Practice 6 credit hour(s)
- PTN1132 Basic Business Skills for the Pharmacy Technician 1 credit hour(s)
- PTN1930 Pharmacy Seminar 1 credit hour(s)
- PTN1940 Pharmacy Practicum I 2 credit hour(s)
- PTN1941C Pharmacy Practicum II 3 credit hour(s)
- PTN1942C Pharmacy Practicum III 3 credit hour(s)